Friday, June 18, 2010

la belle vie!

hello! i finally have real internet (temporarily)!! this blog is looking a little dead! i dont have much news, ive spent the week in a cottage in Levis, QC, right on the water with an incredible view of Quebec city - living the good life. the real deal - jogs and biking along the river, wine with every meal, boutique shopping, canoeing, i even went birdwatching! i learned lots more about ducks. anyways, thought i would share a little anecdote.
so today i went to visit some distant Gorman relatives in the suburbs of Quebec city. Took the bridge there and decided to drive through the heart of downtown Quebec city (in rush hour no less) and take the ferry back to Levis. It`s all going well until I attempt to get off the ferry, when I realize that my car has decided to cut the power steering and I can barely turn the steering wheel. Awesome. Angry french cars cursing and honking behind me, angry french ferry traffic man waving madly at me and thinking i`m an absolute Ontarian idiot. I finally realized what was going on and used my huge arm muscles and managed to get the hell off that boat. Probably the worst location to lose power steering. Does this kind of random twisted shiz only happen to meÉ damn this french keyboard!!
anyways, start posting everyone! i start at the french clinic on monday, wish me luck!! have wonderful summers!!!
claude

No comments:

Post a Comment