Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Claude that is so sad :( I hope you're ok!!!!


I finished the emerg portion of my 5010. Things I learned:

The moods of the nurses makes the mood of the entire floor. When they are mean, they are MEAN. I mentally called this one nurse a c word in my head on a daily basis. But I found out on my last shift w her that she had major beef w this one doc, and I witnessed first hand how miserable she was making his life, and the pleasure she was getting from that. So never cross a nurse is my lesson learned.

Unless you tell docs you're not a clerk, they will assume you are. And then they will think you are one of the stupidest clerks they've seen. OR they make you stay until beyond your shift until every patient is followed up on. Eg. I started a shift at met at like 3 pm, wasn't in bed until 4:30 ish am.

You starve. Pack food in the pockets of your greens. Cuz no one thinks about eating. Pack chapstick too. And get ready to hold your pee for a looonggg time.

WE KNOW NOTHING ABOUT DRUGS AT ALL! ESP ABX!

Yesterday I started the nephro/ctu portion of my 5010. We rounded at FIVE AM. WTF?!?! I had to wake up at four! BLAHHHH. I felt so nauseated and wanted to just curl up and die. Yuck.

That is all I have to say for now! Hope everyone is having a kick ass summer! Love you all!

1 comment:

  1. Fatima, your post scares me for clerkship. I know nothing about Abx. And 5AM rounds... why are you doing this to yourself?! I am not looking forward to that in clerkship, and would certainly hate to do that, even for only one morning, in the summer. I'm glad you're taking a break at some point this summer, cuz you deserve it!!

    ReplyDelete