Thursday, July 1, 2010

Happy Canada Day from London

Hi friends,

Thanks for all your stories. Melissa and Sylvie, I'm sorry to hear about your misadventures, but glad to hear that everything else is going well.
I've been in London with Robin visiting his sister since Sunday. When I arrived and used the washroom at the airport, I was pleased to see that they have accelerator hand dryers!! The weather has been really nice, which is a bonus. We spent Sunday having a picnic and playing frisbee in the park with Heather (Robin's sister) and some of her friends. You can drink in the streets/parks here so that was included in the picnic. She works during the days so Robin and I have had 4 full, but great days of being tourists and have seen lots. We saw Jersey Boys the other night, which was really good.
Today we went to Trafalger square, where they had a a big Canada Day celebration set up. It was complete with Canadian beer, a road hockey tournament and a Timmy's stand! All you Twilight fans out there will be pleased to know that we saw them setting up for the UK premiere tonight. Parts of the street were all blocked off outside a theatre and there were lots of screaming girls. Sadly, we did not see any of the stars. Robin wanted to stay to watch, but I told him we had to go, haha.
Tonight we're taking Heather and her boyfriend out for dinner as a thankyou for letting us crash at their place.
I'm off to India tomorrow night! It is just starting to hit me that I'm actually going there. I'm a little nervous about what it is going to be like when I get there but I'm also excited.
Well, that's it for me. Sounds like everyone is having a good summer so far. Keep enjoying.
Talk to you later,

Caitlin

No comments:

Post a Comment